If you have a private pool and maintaining its cleanliness and good condition seems like a complicated task, let us tell you that it is something simple and you will not necessarily have to hire the help of an expert. In fact, many homeowners relate the task of cleaning the pool as something relaxing. You can get in touch with Swimming Pool Builder Construction Company in Leicester
Today in this article we bring you a basic guide to keep your pool perfect , both in the summer season and in the winter season.
With the arrival of summer, it is time to get our pool ready to be able to enjoy it with the greatest safety. It is important that you understand that, although the pool seems clean, there are many factors that we must take into account to ensure that it is really clean and disinfected.
Before starting, we remind you that the following steps must always be carried out in the absence of bathers.
Cleaning inside the pool
The walls of your pool may have embedded debris. Don’t worry, it’s totally normal and there are specific products to remove this dirt.
We advise you to carry out this cleaning when there is not too much sun , since when using chemical products these can alter its reaction. You can clean your pool first thing in the morning or late in the afternoon.
Once you have applied the product, get a large brush to rub and ensure greater cleaning. Once this step is done, leave it on for a few hours and then rinse it off with a hose. The walls of your pool will be shiny and free of bacteria and dirt.
This is an essential task for the good maintenance of the water in our pool. ¿Why is it so important? Because it is a place where a large number of microorganisms live.
To ensure that it is disinfected, you will use chlorine . This must maintain the residual between 0.5 – 1.0 ppm in the water to guarantee the disinfectant power.
From JardínPro, we also recommend sea salt, a more natural option to have bacteria-free pool water without having to use any chemical product such as chlorine. You can use it in tile, liner or polyester pools as well as spas.
If you find that the water is cloudy and has algae , we recommend that you use granulated dichlor and liquid flocculant, so you can restore its good condition.
To avoid the appearance of algae in the future, we recommend , perfect for keeping pool water in an excellent state of conservation, as it inhibits the formation of algae.
PH control in swimming pools.
Another of the tasks that you must perform so that your water is clean, clear and does not harm the skin is to regulate its pH . The value must be between 7.2 and 7.6 for the rest of the measurements to work correctly.
Well, what happens if the pH is too high? Well, people who bathe may suffer consequences such as skin or eye irritation . In addition, the effect of other products that we are going to use to keep our pool clean may decrease.
On the contrary, if the pH is very low , corrosion and deterioration will increase and irritation to the skin and eyes may also appear.
Tip : The pH of the water tends to increase. For this reason, at Jardín Pro we recommend that you do a weekly check to avoid a breakdown in the values. You can use specific instruments for its measurement.
If the pH of your pool is not correct, we invite you to take a look at our products section for pool maintenance , where you can find effective products to correct its value both to reduce it as the liquid-ph e or increase it as the + ph liquid QP
Keeping the filter and all the mechanisms of our pool properly clean will make all the chemical treatments act more effectively . If your pool filter is dirty, the water will not be of good quality, a large number of germs will be generated and the consumption of all the products you use will be higher.
How do you keep it clean?
- You will know to clean the filter when the pressure reaches 8 psi above the starting pressure of the water filter when the pressure reaches 8 psi above the starting pressure of the system.
- Before getting down to work, we recommend that you read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to avoid damage.
- Disassemble all the pieces very carefully and wash them one by one. You can help yourself with a hose to rinse all its folds. Do this until all the dirt and scale is gone.
- Filter sand washing. This should be done once a year, and always before the start of summer.
Pool maintenance in winter
Now it’s time to say goodbye to the bathrooms until next summer and prepare the pool for the winter season.
These are some of the tasks that you will have to do to guarantee its good maintenance.
- Before you stop using it, you should clean the bottom and the walls . Clean the walls with a product and brush, empty the skimmers in case there are residues or objects and pass the bottom cleaner.
- You should also clean the filter to remove any traces of dirt.
- You will have to continue monitoring the state of the water in your pool . Yes, even if you are not using it, you must maintain the pH at its corresponding levels every week.
- Cover the pool and turn off the circulation motor. Covering the pool correctly will prevent insects, dirt or leaves from falling into your pool during the fall and winter. You can turn off the circulation motor to avoid energy expenditure, but we recommend that you turn it on once a week so that the water circulates.
- Place chlorine tablets inside the skimmers, this way you will ensure that it is better distributed.