In recent years, light bulbs have become immensely smarter. You may now replace your incandescent light bulb with a range of connected options that you can manage with a few touches on your smartphone or tablet. Some are also compatible with smartwatches and virtual assistants, allowing them to be operated via your wrist or just by speaking.
But, with so many alternatives on the smart home market, how can you know which one is best for you? To assist you in making your decision, we’ve compiled a list of our top-rated smart bulbs amazon, as well as some factors to consider when shopping.
Which smart light bulbs are the best?
After evaluating hundreds of types, we believe the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance bulbs are the best smart light bulbs. Philips Hue lights not only link to practically every smart home device, but Philips also offers a lot of capabilities in its app that allow you to do more with its lights than any other smart light provider. If you only want white lights, look into the Philips Hue White bulbs.
If you have numerous Philips Hue lights in your house and want to use all of the bulb’s functionality, you’ll need to purchase the Philips Hue bridge (which links the lights to your Wi-Fi). If you only need a few fixtures, opt for Bluetooth-enabled models that you can control with your smartphone.
And, for a simpler setup, we propose the Sengled Smart Wi-Fi bulb, which connects straight to your Wi-Fi network. Sengled Smart lights are quite affordable in this category, costing roughly $12 per bulb. Sengled also produces some of the best outdoor smart light bulbs with built-in motion sensors.
What are the prices of smart bulbs?
Smart bulbs are more costly than standard bulbs because they employ light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and a number of technologies to function. That’s vital to remember, especially if you plan to renovate your entire home.
Smart bulbs amazon, on the other hand, consume less energy and last much longer, which means you may save money in the long term. And, as you can see, the most of the selections on this list are far under $50, so the barrier to entry isn’t as high as it was a few years ago. You may now discover sub-$10 selections, including some of our top favourites.
Best Smart Bulb To Buy today from amazon
1. GE CYNC Smart LED Light Bulbs
|Special Feature||Energy Efficient, Dimmable, Color Changing|
|Light Color||Full Color|
- Smart bulbs amazon that work with Alexa: Select Frustration Free Setup at checkout to have your device automatically paired with your Amazon Alexa device when it arrives.
- Wi-Fi light bulbs: Easily connect these smart light bulbs directly to your Wi-Fi router, providing voice control for your Cync and C by GE smart bulbs amazon through voice assistants (sold separately) and control away from home – no hub or bridge required.
- Manage your smart bulbs amazon away from home: Get added home security and convenience by controlling your Wi-Fi light bulbs with the Cync mobile app. With these Cync smart lights, never come home to a dark house or disrupt your comfort from bed.
- Color changing light bulbs with app: Millions of colors change kids’ rooms with their interests, create next level movie nights, and support your team on game day. Adjust the smart bulbs amazon white to any color between warm, amber and cool, bluish tones.
- LED smart bulbs: These smart lights fit medium base sockets for 60W incandescent A19 bulbs, helping make your house a smart home. These smart LED light bulbs use 84% less energy and last 15 times longer than a 60W incandescent bulbs.
2. Kasa Smart Light Bulbs
|Special Feature||Dimmable, Auto White, Energy Monitoring, Tunable|
- Multicolor & Auto White: Dimmable 16 million colors and warm to cool whites(2500K-6500K). Set your bulb to automatically adjust its color temperature to match natural light patterns from dawn to dusk. Explore endless lighting possibilities to create your favorite light effects for everything from a dinner party to a late-night study session. Great for holiday decorations.
- Voice Control: Get hands-free control of your lights with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Perfect for times when your hands are full or entering a dark room.
- Remote Control: Control your smart light bulb from anywhere with your smartphone using the free Kasa smart app (iOS, Android); Dim, turn on or off or change the colors of your light bulb remotely at your fingertips.
- Energy Monitoring & Scheduling: Monitor real-time energy usage. Drive down energy consumption without losing quality (60 W equivalent). Use timer or schedules to set your lights to automatically turn on and off whenever you want, such as waking up with a soft glow in the morning with sunrise offset.
- Trusted & Reliable: Kasa is trusted by over 6 Million users. UL certified for safety use. 2-year warranty. Require 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network connection.
3. Sengled Smart Bulb
|Special Feature||Group Control- Simple Control of All Smart Bulbs, Energy Saving, Smart bulbs- Compatible with Google and Alexa, App Control- Control your Alexa light bulb via Sengled Home APP, Timer Schedule, Dimmable Brightness & RGBWGroup Control- Simple Control of All Smart Bulbs, Energy Saving, Smart bulbs- Compatible with Google and Alexa.|
- APP & Voice Control- Smart light bulbs that work with Alexa and Google assistant. Control your smart led bulb via voice commands to turn your smart bulbs on/off or dim/bright your alexa light bulb, such as: “Alexa, set the color of the bedroom to purple.” Even if you are not at home, you can control the light through APP. Only supports Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz (NOT 5G).
- 100W Extra Bright & No Hub Required- Brighten up any room with the EXTRA BRIGHT 100w smart bulb. Bring you a different kind of light experience. Alexa bulb can be easily connected to your home’s 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network without a hub or additional hardware. WiFi A19 light bulb, the first step to starting the entire smart home.
- Schedule Feature- Designed with 16 million colors and tunable white (2000K to 6500K) with HIGH CRI>90. Sengled 100w wifi light bulb can easily setup via using Sengled Home App (iOS and Android). Within the time span you set, your bulb will slowly dim or brighten. Program timers and routines to automate your entire smart home lighting setup.
- Remote Control- Enhance your smart home with smart WiFi bulb color changing light bulbs, controlled remotely wherever you are. Set timers and light schedules, automating your alexa led light bulb to make it seem like someone is home, even when you are away. You can also create a group for all of your light bulbs alexa, and easily group control your smart light bulbs with alexa devices, Google Home or SmartThings.
- Energy Saving- Sengled offers ample brightness (100W equivalent, 1500 lumens) and brings out true, vibrant colors (CRI90+). Sengled smart bulbs have a service life of 22.8 years and a 2-year warranty. Can save you 85% of electricity bills. Live customer service based in the U.S.
4. Linkind Smart Edison Bulbs
|Special Feature||2200k soft white, Dimmable, wifi, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa, Googhle home, Time Schedule|
|Light Color||Amber, Soft White|
- Retro All-Glass Design – Combine the antique filament look and modern technology, the smart vintage bulbs add warm candlelight tint to your space and bring you the convenience of smart control. The color temperature is 2200K(Non-Tunable), the soft amber light glow allows you to be fully immersed in the gorgeous relaxing ambience.
- Smart App Control – No Hub Required. Connect this smart edison light bulb to your 2.4GHz WiFi (ONLY), you’re able to turn on/off/dim/brighten them anywhere anytime from “Linkind” APP as long as they are WiFi connected. Note: NOT support 5GHz Wi-Fi.
- Hands- Free Voice Control – Our smart LED edison bulbs works with SmartThings, compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant to perform your VOICE COMMAND. Tired of getting up and turning off the lights? Get home with hands too full to reach the switch? Just speak to your voice assistant ton control the lights.
- Set the Desirable Mood – 5%-100% dimmable on the “Linkind” APP. 2200K soft white creates a romantic and cosy feeling for you, glowing warmer than the ordinary. You’re able to customize the brightness into scenes like dinners, anniversaries etc. and set up schedules on the APP.
Colors and Luminance of Smart Bulbs
Some of the bulbs on this list are only white, while others may transform into any hue of the rainbow. Color is a great way to add mood to your house, but it usually results in a more expensive bulb.
The majority of the smart bulbs amazon we test are touted as being equal to 60-watt incandescent lights, which seems self-explanatory, however some bulbs are brighter than others. To determine how bright a light is, look at the lumens it emits (as shown in the table below): the more lumens, the brighter the light.
Frequently asked questions
Is the smart bulb any good?
Purchasing Alternatives Smart Wi-Fi LED Color Bulb is a terrific choice if you want to cycle between colours for the holidays, a dinner party, or simply for fun. It provides brilliant white light and vibrant colours, as well as dependable scheduling and certain unique effects.
Are smart LED bulbs worth it?
An LED bulb uses 75% less energy than a standard incandescent or halogen light, according to energy.gov. This is healthy for the environment as well as your bank account.
Do smart bulbs work without Wi-Fi?
Smart lights will still operate without an internet connection, as long as you don’t try to manage them while you’re away from home.
Do smart bulbs use electricity when off?
There is one major reason your smart bulb will utilise power while turned off, and it is referred to as vampire power, or standby power as it is more often known. So the light itself will neither use electricity, nor will it do anything when turned on, being LED.
Do smart bulbs burn out?
If you use your smart lights for three hours every day, a filament smart bulb will last 9 years longer than a regular smart bulb. The fragility of the filament in these vintage-style bulbs, as well as the sort of diodes utilised for the LED, contribute to the reduced lifespan.
Are smart lights safe?
Smart lights are often LED lights, which emit less heat than fluorescent bulbs and do not pose a fire risk (unless used improperly). They do, however, boost EMF radiation generation and may raise the possibility of someone hacking into your network.