AOL email is a popular service, but it can be difficult to set up on your desktop or mobile device. This article walks you through the process of setting up AOL with Microsoft Outlook.
What is AOL?
AOL is a web-based email service that is owned by Verizon. AOL mail can be accessed through the AOL website or through the AOL app. You can also access AOL mail through third-party email clients such as Microsoft Outlook. Set up AOL mail in Outlook is a relatively simple process. In this article, we will walk you through the steps of setting up your AOL account in Outlook.
How to Setup AOL Mail in Outlook?
If you’re an AOL user, you know that AOL Mail is a great way to stay connected with friends and family. But did you know that you can also use AOL Mail in Microsoft Outlook? That’s right – with a few simple steps, you can access your AOL Mail right from Outlook. Here’s how:
- First, open Outlook and go to the File tab. Next, click on the Account Settings button and then choose Add Account from the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, select Manual setup or additional server types and then click Next.
- Now, choose POP or IMAP from the list of account types and then click Next.
- Enter your AOL email address in the Email Address field and then enter your AOL password in the Password field. Be sure to uncheck the box next to Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Then, click More Settings.
- In the More Settings dialog box, go to the Outgoing Server tab and check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then, click the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Finally, go to the Advanced tab and enter 995 in the box.
Troubleshooting and common problems
If you’re having trouble to adding AOL Mail in Outlook, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that you have the latest version of Outlook and that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the software. If you’re still having trouble, try checking your firewall settings or contacting AOL customer support for more help.
That’s it! You have now successfully configured AOL Mail in Outlook. This should give you a better idea of how to use the two programs together and make the most out of your email experience. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to contact Emails Desk for more assistance.